Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Yellowstone National Park

 

I’ve written/shown so much already about this trip that we managed to take this summer, on my Facebook fan page.  I went with no expectations and didn’t know why people were so excited when I mentioned … I’m going to Yellowstone!  I came back with a ton of clicks, my jaw hanging down .. mesmerized, and a whole lot of knowledge about the earth itself…

You can follow some write up and pictures I had posted on my facebook fan page to get a insight into what I am talking about here.  I am already pointing my children to get any information about Yellowstone to that page, for the Yellowstone project they are doing…with pictures provided by “Gayatri Palle Photography” Smile

I put together a couple hundred frames…of scenes I captured at Yellowstone and created a video slideshow of the trip…Trust me all… the place is as amazing as the pictures show them to be..

It’s a photographer’s paradise.  The wonders one gets to watch there…no where on earth .. one can find that many geothermal features.. It feels as eerie to be there as it feels amazing. The geysers, fumaroles, mud pots, fuming streams..and water features, hot springs, the sulfide smells, the extremophiles that inhabit the scalding waters..the colors around influenced by these extremophiles or thermophiles. Every thing seems so extraterrestrial..like not belonging to this planet.

So, of course..it’s THE place that astro biologists and other scientists go to, to  understand life beyond earth. Because, they believe that if they indeed find life on other planets..its going to be life that happens in such extreme conditions.

The temperatures of the hot springs are above boiling and still there are millions of micro organisms that thrive in these waters and they are trying to understand how this happens. It has already yielded answers on how to amplify DNA  that has helped in criminal investigations.  These microorganisms have been supposed to been on the earth since some 3 billions years now.

A very nice insight into what Yellowstone offers to the scientists in understanding our planet and beyond is been summarized here very well.

The wildlife refuge to so many animals and species.  The wolves were killed and eliminated in the previous century has been re introduced to this area. WE didn’t spot any bears or grizzlies for which we would have to do more research and scouting..obviously not a possibility with kids. Would surely want to go back to the spot..although the next time I visit I will try to go in autumn.  The area is definitely much more beautiful with autumn colors and the migration of the wildlife that happens during autumn.

I hope I am doing justice to this spot in my pictures…

Enjoy the video here!

No comments: