Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Experiences with Motherhood - Part 1

I don’t know when and how the last few years flew past before I could even blink my eyes , leaving me such a different person physically and emotionally. Life has also put us in this unique position, parents of 4 kids, triplets, identical twins... The triplets are 7 ½ years old and R turned 3 years. I feel that the terrible 2’s/3's that I am handling with R, is nowhere compared to the tantrums that 3 of her elder sisters together put me through. Even at birth she weighed more than the triplets birth weight together.

If I were to meet my 8-9 years younger self, I wonder if she would have considered having kids if she saw me today, dressed so uninteresting, graying hair, hardly having time for myself, putting my career on hold. But then, if she looked at the love and the giggles these little kids have brought about in our life, maybe she would have taken the same bite. I remember in school we used to look at each other’s palm’s and predict “you are going to have 2 babies” “You are going to have a boy”. I was totally with the saying, "Hum Do Hamare Do". The thought that I would be a mom to 4 girls never crossed my mind, not even Hubby dear’s, when we married and decided to make a family. But, here we are with 4 children now, and it has brought about this huge world of relationships and love and difficulties that is so challenging for me to deal with..but, at the same time, my pleasure.

So, what has this atmosphere of being surrounded with 7 and 3 year olds made me into. Sometimes, I can make adult conversations too. Upon returning from pre-school, R's first request is, can I watch Wubbzy? Most of the script of these shows have been memorized. It’s been ages that I have gotten to watch a news channel. Unable to keep up with the world today and the technology that is changing faster than the speed of thought, I find myself spending most of time driving them around to their activities and scanning the internet to find interesting projects for them for their science fair or a funny and catchy bal kavita for their kavita pratiyogitha which is at least 12 lines long, or a good music teacher for them, who would help them see the beauty of classical music.

All in all its a full life.

No comments: