Sunday, November 28, 2010

R’s new Dressup!

After convincing me to open her gift set…after planting that sweet kiss on my cheek, after letting me know that I am the best-test mom in this whole wide world...., we got a pair of scissors to cut the box of her jewelry.
What’s with the packaging of toys? Its such a difficult task to cut that plastic enclosure open. Often, end up getting scratched by the sharp edges of the plastic. Why can’t this get simpler? I’m sure the packaging industry can do better here because this has been the grouse of every other person I met.
  We finally got the items out and She wore them instantly.DSC_9255  DSC_9276

She explained me everything that she wore.  The bangles, the neca-lace, the princess crown,  ear rings and about the finger ring…DSC_9269 DSC_9272 DSC_9274

She wanted me to take pictures of her with her dress up…not realizing that I was already clicking away.
“Mama can you take my picture now”, she said..lifting her hair to make her jewelry visible..
DSC_9258
“R, can you smile some more?”, I asked her…
“Alrigdht Mama…”, she said.
These were the series of pictures that ensued after she decided she wanted to give a nice SMILE.
 DSC_9263 DSC_9262 DSC_9261DSC_9260
At this point I couldn’t think of any creative way to stop her from doing this…and I said..
“R, you can stop smiling now..”
Immediately, her reaction:
“What ?! Stop Smiling?”DSC_9264 

“We got to always smile for a picture”, trying to convince me that she should continue smiling and me not appearing convinced.DSC_9265 
Uhhhhh! Mammma!    I want to SMILE!        DSC_9266
That ended our photo shoot because she realized she wore her necklace the wrong way.
I tell you, it is so difficult to shoot pictures of your own kids who think they know everything. Especially, for amateurs like me..on a cloudy day, without a portrait lens, without proper lighting. Ah! I’m done taking pictures now.

5 comments:

bhagyareema said...

Awww so cute. Its so fun dressing up girls, u can do so much, bangles, earrings, necklace, pretty dresses, the list is endless.
For boys nothing :(

Venky (வெங்கி) said...

Other than the dress I like her expressions too. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Soooo Cute!!!!!!!!

sm said...

beautiful dress
she is very cute

Gayatri said...

Bhagyareema...I love dressing up boys as Krishna during Krishna jayanti! That a really fun event.

Thanks Venky, Ramaa.

@SM, welcome. Thanks for your comments.