Thursday, July 22, 2010

A photo blog!

Morning time in front of my Mom’s.
I dont know how these vehicles function here carrying passengers to and fro. I’ve used them a couple of times and have felt so uneasy, I got off the last time.
edited_DSC_3482
But here, it goes.
edited_DSC_3485



The vegetables on the way to the mandi
edited_DSC_3491
And the children to their schools to the right
edited_DSC_3500
and to the schools on the left.
edited_DSC_3525



Look at this family with the MiL in the end helping to squish them together. The son helping the father look ahead by ducking while the wife is enjoying being sandwiched between her husband and Mother in Law (just guessing :-) )
edited_DSC_3507



The lone cyclist is actually not alone.
edited_DSC_3514
See what I mean.
edited_DSC_3506



For one, helmet is a necessity to keep safe, while the other would have preferred to have one to keep the dust off.
edited_DSC_3516



The thinking man, on his way to work..with his equipment. The only he would need. Well thought out attire. Look at the colors, so well planned.
edited_DSC_3520



Some carry their family on the bike
(although I could never understand this way of sitting, the women’s hand on her man’s thigh. I tried that with Pavan once, and found my hand slipping and myself very unsteady, ready to fall. Its not for unskilled people like me)
edited_DSC_3534
For others, it carries baggage
edited_DSC_3522



A Well decorated auto.
edited_DSC_3523



Ahh! he spotted me in my hideout, clicking away to glory.
edited_DSC_3524 



Is only the head of the driver important to keep safe..Isn’t the pillion rider’s head not important?
edited_DSC_3526



And we thought that auto’s transported humans..Multifunctional auto’s.
edited_DSC_3529



Doodh wala (just finished mixing milk in water) and on his way to distribute this concoction to all of us.
edited_DSC_3531



Saving the best for the last… Didn’t our parents do this too.  And I thought all this is way over in India. India is still the same place with same people and same necessities. A colorful family on a colorful scooter.  A family of five’s mode of transport. To work, to school, to wherever they want to.
edited_DSC_3532
of they went!
edited_DSC_3533

No comments: